The all about looks field trip was so much fun! The cute little fabric store in the Depot District was so much more than just that. I arrived a few minutes early and got to peek around at all the impressive fabrics and wall coverings. First, we learned about the history of the store and how the owners, who are also sisters, established it. Next, After showing us the latest trends in the new and improved wallpapers, we got to take a tour of their compact workshop where they complete all of their orders. The most interesting part of the trip was when we got to watch the man in the back room while he was upholstering a chair. His procedure was precise and he told us that it takes a lot of work to upholster a piece of furniture well. He had some cool stories and techniques, and offered some advice and knowledge on the art of upholstering. All About Looks was an informative and entertaining trip. After visiting, I might rethink trying to DIY reupholster my Grandmother's old recliner...
I snapped some neat pictures of all they had to offer!
These three displays had some fabrics that I really liked. They had tons more too!
This is the back room where all the magic happens! The top photo are just a few upcoming projects at All About Looks. The bottom is a chair in the middle of being reupholstered. I can't wait to go back. Maybe next time, I'll bring in my Granny's old chair!






No comments:
Post a Comment